Man of Roma tagged me for this meme (as another 'victim' said, “blame him for this!” ).
1. Last movie you saw in a theater?
Apart from the americanism of calling it ‘theater’ rather than ‘cinema,’ which initially wrong footed me a bit, it was ‘300.’ Stunning effects, great fighting, great visual. I liked it.
2. What book are you [re]reading?
Emerson in His Journals. Lots of Ralph Waldo Emerson’s scattered thoughts, a mine of information about his backstage life, emotions, and feelings.
3. Favorite board game?
None really. They're all just a waste of time, in my very personal opinion …
4. Favorite magazine?
Not crazy about magazines. Usually I almost only read the on-line editions of Newsweek, Time, The Spectator, The Economist, and, in Italian, L’Espresso and Panorama.
5. Favorite smells?
The smell of bread baking, which, as I once heard, “like the sound of lightly flowing water, is indescribable in its evocation of innocence and delight.” A reminder of my childhood, and, in my humble opinion, one of the greatest aromas on earth.
6. Favorite sounds?
Sea waves, I have no doubt about that. Furthermore, harpsichord, piano, sitar, flute.
7. Worst feeling in the world?
Feeling gulty for not being productive …, for not being able to keep up with something.
8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
Listening to radio and tv news reports.
9. Favorite fast food place?
McDonald’s and Pizzerias.
10. Future child’s name?
No child foreseen in the future.
11. Finish this statement. “If I had lot of money I’d….?
… spend my time reading (studying) and travelling all over the world.
12. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
No never (this is the most crazy question that I have seen so far today …).
13. Storms - cool or scary?
Cool. Unless you are just in the middle of one of them.
14. Favorite drink?
15. Finish this statement, “If I had the time I would….”?
See answer to question 11.
16. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
17. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice?
Let me copy Man of Roma’s answer: “I cannot think of it. I would never dye my hair.”
18. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in?
Rome, Venice, Treviso, San Francisco, London.
19. Favorite sports to watch?
20. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
Man of Roma maintains a great blog covering a wide range of cultural and historical topics. Whenever I am fed up with national and international political issues I get there and find a place where I can finally breathe again, away from the hustle and bustle of today's hectic and restless world.
21. What’s under your bed?
Couldn’t tell. Dust?
22. Would you like to be born as yourself again?
Let me copy Man of Roma again: “Yes, but next time I would not repeat some mistakes made in this lifetime.”
23. Morning person, or night owl?
24. Over easy, or sunny side up?
Sunny side up.
25. Favorite place to relax?
Along the seaside, watching sea-gulls and listening to the sound of waves washing up the shore. But woods and mountains are also very suitable places.
26. Favorite pie?
27. Favorite ice cream flavor?
28. Of all the people you tagged this to, who’s most likely to respond first?
No idea, really.
I tag Wog Blog, Valerie, Nullo, Carlo Felice, Angelo.