Yet, as the old saying goes, “there is no rose without a thorn,” that is, in this case, since life is full of rules and regulations—and the Versatile Blogger Award is no exception—there is no prize without rules. And since I wouldn’t disappoint my kind and generous friend for anything in the world, I’ll take upon myself the burden of the rules (even though only in part, as I will explain later), which are the following:
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Now, since I already thanked my friend, and since the rule number 4 is my own business, only the rules number 2 and 3 are left:
7 Things about myself
- The first thing I think of when I wake up is listening to radio and tv news reports.
- My favorite smell is that of bread baking, which, as I once heard, “like the sound of lightly flowing water, is indescribable in its evocation of innocence and delight.” A reminder of my childhood, and, in my humble opinion, one of the greatest aromas on earth.
- My favorite place to relax is along the seaside, watching sea-gulls and listening to the sound of waves washing up the shore.
- The animal I would most like to be is a seagull. I like the way seagulls fly as much as I love some of their typical habitats - such as, for instance, the Cliff of Moher in Ireland and the Côte Sauvage in Brittany. Moreover I love the sea, any time, in any season, in any latitude, as every seagull is supposed to do.
- I have always been a strong believer in the Power of Words. They can build up and just as quickly tear down. How we speak says libraries about who we are and what we believe.
- My most beloved movie is Howard Hawks’ 1959 Rio Bravo, with John Wayne and Dean Martin
- The last thing I do before falling asleep is read at least a page of the Bible.
Passing this along to other bloggers
This is the most difficult part of the task… You know, how to make a choice between dozens of bloggers I am dealing with everyday? How to avoid hurting someone’s feelings, or annoying someone else? Because bloggers sometimes are such touchy and/or lazy people! That’s why I decided to limit the range to just two categories of bloggers: the most frequent commentators and contributors on WRH, and some recently discovered bloggers I like very much. But they (unfortunately or fortunately, it depends on the point of view) are not 15 but only 6. Here they are: